Learn what it takes to build and scale your own startup.
- Are you an undergraduate student, recent graduate, or current graduate student?
- Interested in pursuing a career in technology, venture creation, and startups?
- Want to learn about Miami’s entrepreneurial ecosystem?
Join us for an Entrepreneurship Trek March 4th-8th 2024!
Our Entrepreneurship Trek is a one-week, high-intensity programs that combine classroom learning with field study excursions to local startup companies in a variety of tech sectors. Taking part in a trek will allow you to join like-minded peers from across the country in exploring the expansive entrepreneurial ecosystem of Miami.
The Miami FinTech program is a sponsored Entrepreneurship trek program by the Roux Institute, Northeastern University. It is an opportunity to learn about the FinTech vertical in Miami’s ecosystem. The program will help students develop their entrepreneurial skills and understanding and connect with mentors in the same field.
The FinTech program will be a week-long event, with combined instructions for classroom learning, field trips, and networking events. The topics that will be covered are the fintech industry, business model development, and fundraising. The networking opportunities will help students network with mentors and peers.
The Miami FinTech Entrepreneurship Trek is open to students from all backgrounds and levels of experience. This program is a great opportunity for students who want to develop their knowledge about the fintech industry and improve their professional network.
By the end of the program, you will be armed with the practical skills, expertise, and confidence to excel in your next professional pursuit—whether that be with your own venture, joining a startup or larger organization.
Guest speakers include:
CEO USA at Zilch
Founder & CEO at Novo
CEO & President, eMerge Americas + Partner, Medina Ventures
CEO at MAJORITY
CEO & Founder at Milo
Co-Head, SoftBank Opportunity Fund
Program Officer, Knight Foundation
Head of Economic Opportunity, Americas at Google.org
In this one-week entrepreneurship immersion program, you will:
- Explore the field of FinTech, from learning about emerging trends to visiting Miami-based FinTech startups
- Meet other undergraduate students from across the country interested in FinTech Entrepreneurship
- Join a team and identify a financial problem to solve
- Learn about the design thinking process as well as other building blocks of a startup concept
- Build a viable business plan and proof of concept
- Present your FinTech idea to a panel of judges and audience
- Gain a deep understanding of the customer discovery interview process and business model design
- Build a business model canvas to discover and define the core value of your FinTech product or service
- Develop an action-plan for how to build, test, iterate, and grow your revenue generating activity
- Learn from cohort peers who are interested in FinTech entrepreneurship
- Meet FinTech entrepreneurs from the Miami area and learn about their entrepreneurial journey
Financial Aid and Scholarship Opportunities
Financial assistance and scholarship opportunities will be available to students accepted to the program. Our aim is to ensure that all interested students can afford to attend our program.
In addition to the hands-on experience of solving real, challenging problems with a tech startup, the program helped me build friendships with future leaders, network with successful entrepreneurs, and gain an understanding of Maine’s startup ecosystem.NICHOLAS FAGONE
Entrepreneurship Trek Program Graduate ’21